June 9, 2012

The Ambiguous "Onion Soup" IS French Onion Soup

om nom notes rating for onion soup: 5 stars


So Blue Ribbon Brasserie's dishes to fame are seemingly the Beef Marrow & Oxtail Marmalade and Fried Chicken, but sadly I did not have a chance to try these out. I'm sure it's delicious though and you can read all about it on Yelp. Next time...


That being said, I did want to share is that the ambiguous sounding "onion soup" on the menu is in fact French Onion soup, complete with lots of crusty but melty cheese with toasty bread edges. The price is a bit steep, but I've heard that it's one of the best french onion soups in New York City - and it's certainly shareable. Don't ignore it (which is what I did while reading the menu)


I love crispy bits so appreciated the large shallow bowl it came in to maximize the crunch and ooze:) 


Tips: I've heard from NY natives that this place is a great place for celeb sightings and the mustard here is great! Used it with my Ham & Cheese Sandwich (Cotta de Parma & Swiss).


Onion Soup - $14.50
Blue Ribbon Brasserie Onion Soup
Blue Ribbon Brasserie Onion Soup
Blue Ribbon Brasserie

4.5 star rating
412 Yelp reviews as of 6/9/12




No comments:

Post a Comment