April 4, 2013

What to Eat & Drink in Downtown Seattle, March 2013

Seattle was such a hard city to decide what I wanted to eat. There are way too many choices for amazing cuisine.

Here are the food, drink, & restaurant establishments I visited in March 2013 over 3 days and what I ordered. Mostly, these were easily walkable from the Westin Seattle around downtown. All in all, I think I made tasty decisions! 

Om nom notes: Downtown Seattle  (Not in any order of preference but bolded names are not to be missed)

For Food
  • Sitka & Spruce - sourdough, black cod, artichoke gratin, halibut, gateau basque. get more details here
  • Salumi - Get here at around 10:30am, trust me - the line will be shorter than if you came later. Also, get some salumi to go! It doesn't need to be refrigerated. Even if you can't finish the sandwiches, get at least 2 to try. I got the muffo and a Finnochiona (black peppercorn and fennel) & Provolone on Giuseppe. So good! Definitely add the onions and peppers too.
  • Dahlia Lounge - came here for drinks only (liked the menu at Serious Pie better that night) Interesting cocktails (many with hibiscus infused liquors) and a solid glass wine list.
  • Taylor Shelfish Farms - oysters, tried one of every kind
  • Mamnoon - in the words of my friend, we tried everything with something funky including bamyeh bi zeit (okra), bateresh (eggplant and lamb), arnabeit makli (cauliflower), muhammara (walnut pepper paste), fattoush (mache radish salad)
  • Serious Pie - Regular margherita, and the soft egg/cotto pizza. If there's a wait, head over to Dahlia Lounge for a drink.
  • The Crumpet Shop - have you ever had a crumpet? Now i have! tried the pesto, tomato & english cheese. Their crumpet shop blend tea is good as well - free refills and they'll even give you a to-go cup. 
  • Beecher's Handmade Cheese - supposedly the world's best Mac & Cheese. It was a bit too 'wet' for me. Fun to watch the cheese making though and try their flagship cheese.
  • Pike Place Chowder - the original new england seafood chowder is the one to try. I could drink a vat of this
For Sweets
    • Dahlia Bakery - Get the famous Triple creme coconut pie, available in bite, individual, and normal pie sizes. I might have come here 3 times in 3 days...Wish I could have tried their homemade english muffin breakfast sandwich but ran out of time :(
    • Top Pot Doughnuts - warm fresh doughnuts. Got an old-fashioned glazed and a mug of coffee. great place to chill and read a magazinego
    For Coffee





    2 comments:

    1. Wow - I clearly need to get to Seattle one of these days. And just eat. I've always wanted to go to Dahlia and Top Pot!

      ReplyDelete